4 Types of Removable Partial Dentures and Their Advantages
Missing one or two teeth (sometimes a few) can be easily replaced using various techniques, the most common ones being dental implants, removable partial dentures, and fixed bridge work. Losing a tooth or two not only has an impact on the overall aesthetic of the face but it causes difficulty performing the most basic functions like talking, chewing and even smiling. Each of the options available makes these daily functions easier and more effective. While all three techniques are popular, removable partial dentures are preferred by most patients as indicated by the experts at denture clinic Edmonton based.
Serving as the best temporary measure, removable partial dentures are opted for most people due to several reasons. While cost-effectiveness is definitely a factor, to get an implant or a bridge, a person must have healthy gums. Whatever may the reason, partial dentures provide a perfect solution to the issue of missing teeth.
The base of partial dentures is made of resin and inserted in the place where the tooth has gone missing. A clasp is often used to keep the denture in place. The clasp wraps itself around the healthy teeth and is almost invisible. Though mostly made of resin, clasps are also available in metal versions that provide further support. It is important to ensure that the denture fits properly for uneven ones can disturb the daily functions like biting, chewing. If not places properly, it can also cause trauma to the gums and the adjacent teeth. Partial dentures are less invasive compared to other tooth replacement techniques.
Partial dentures are mainly categorized into four types, with each having its own advantages to offer. So, before you opt for removable partial dentures, you should update your information about the same. Keep reading to find out more.
Acrylic Removable Partial Dentures
- Economic and easy on the pocket
- Can be fabricated quickly
- Can be removed easily
- Can be added to if there is additional tooth loss
- No preparation is required
Co-Cr Removable Partial Dentures
- The dentures are rigid and strong
- Less bulky
- More hygienic
- Provides amazing stability
- Less damaging to the soft gum tissues
Sectional Co-Cr Removable Partial Dentures
- Prevents friction between the teeth and denture base
- Eliminates all types of food
- Has excellent stability
- Improved aesthetics
- Reduces the need for preparation and clasps
Co-Cr with Precision Attachments
- Provides great aesthetics to the face
- No clasps are required
- Has great stability
- The dentures provide proper support to the gums and the adjacent teeth
Flexible Nylon Dentures
- Hides defects relating to recessions in the adjacent teeth using flexible clasp arms
- Good for the aesthetics of the face
- Doesn’t fracture that easy
- Requires no preparation
- Fabrication is easy
To conclude, now that you know about the different types of removable partial dentures, make sure you use these to pick the right denture. Book an appointment at central Edmonton denture clinic, and make sure you find the right fix for your missing teeth.